About IPMS Client-Wastewater and Water Treatment Industry.
experience in Water /Waste water treatment projects is a must.
· 5 years supervisory experience
· High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum)
· Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
· Able to bring a new dimension to Project procurement activities.
· Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
· Experience of Purchasing bespoke, manufactured parts including scheduled deliveries. Experience of working with MRP systems is essential.
· Experience of outsourcing to low cost countries would be an advantage.
· Direct Supplier and Commodity management for a specific number of Commodities/Suppliers.
· Representing the section at internal meetings and presenting Purchasing performance achievements
· Management and coordination of Purchasing activities
· Management and coordination of Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance
· Coordinating and managing with Quality personnel, resolutions to Supplier Quality concerns, ensuring timely and effective containment and long term resolution of each concern
· Mentoring new starters, providing 'on the job' training to existing team members, and ensuring that the team are satisfactorily supported in their day to day work activities
· Continuous development of self and individual team members
Strong leadership skills and proven experience in staff development
· “Hand on” approach to all tasks
· Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
· Versatile, tenacious and people orientated
· Result orientated and confident
· Proven appreciation of customer service expectations and cost demands of business
· Commercial and financial acumen
· Developing sub-ordinates skills and competencies and defines development needs
· Sets priorities taking into account short and long-term needs of the business